What We Know About 'Captain Marvel'

       

For the first time, Captain Marvel will appear on screen in a Marvel Universe film. Brie Larson, who stars in the role, stopped by the ABC News studios to talk about taking on one of the most buzzed about characters in superhero history.

1. Larson kept a big secret about "Captain Marvel" for at least a year
When Larson snagged the coveted role of Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel, she didn’t even tell her mom about it!

“It was three years ago that I found [out]. And I couldn’t tell anybody for a year,” Larson said in an appearance on “Popcorn with Peter Travers.” “I didn’t tell anybody. Now looking back on it, I’m like, Marvel would have understood if I told my mom. But I just didn’t tell anyone because it was too hard. And like, it was hard for me to keep the secret. And I didn’t want anybody else to feel how I was feeling when it came to keeping the secret.”

The 21st film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Captain Marvel” is neither much better nor much worse than the baseline for one of these movies. Though it distinguishes itself in a few ways:

1. In its 1995 setting, which quickly grows tiresome with its glut of cutesy references. When our hero, Vers/Captain Marvel (Larson) crash-lands in a Blockbuster Video in the first act, it’s funny. By the time she’s having her third-act brawl with a bunch of blue aliens while No Doubt plays on the soundtrack, you’re just ready to go home.

2. In its feminist streak, which is winning but perhaps a little cynical (societal progress sold back to us as stale popcorn).

Captain Marvel is the first female superhero to lead a movie in the MCU, and she’s markedly more powerful than any Avenger. She’s also kinda boring. Or maybe it’s the movie that’s boring? In any case, I am bored.

“Captain Marvel” opens with an exposition-clogged series of scenes concerning an intergalactic war between two alien races: the Kree and the Skrulls.

Vers is a human living amongst the Kree. She has a convenient case of amnesia regarding her former life on Earth, but the Kree have still let her into the elite Starforce squad led by Yon-Rogg (Jude Law) and guided by a “Supreme Intelligence” in the form of Annette Bening.

And ... somethin’, somethin’, somethin’. The early goings are video-game cutscenes revolving around mission objectives. Something goes wrong, the Skrulls capture Vers, she lands on Earth, remember the ’90s?!


“Captain Marvel” follows a powerful Kree warrior who stumbles onto Earth and discovers she was once an Air Force pilot named Carol Danvers. But it’s the cat that steals the show.

Primarily played by a cat named Reggie, Goose was initially spotted by internet sleuths hidden along the edge of “Captain Marvel’s” first poster before appearing in trailers (and even official merchandise). Goose’s star power just can’t be denied.

During a recent press day for the film, Reggie was on hand to engage with some questions about working on “Captain Marvel” opposite Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson as well as the happenings in the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Larson’s cat allergy is a bit of a bummer because one of her co-stars in the “Captain Marvel” film is a scene-stealing cat. She said there was no way to prepare for him.

“If I could have spent 9-months prepping for cats, maybe I should have done that, just like slowly expose myself to more cats so that I was more ready,” she said. “Those were tougher days for me. I swell up. I can’t breathe. It’s bad. I’ve been allergy tested and the doctor was like, ‘oh, that’s the worst I’ve ever seen for cats. It’s pretty bad’.”


Despite rumors, Larson said she has not signed on for seven more Marvel movies.
“I’m not going to talk about my contract,” Larson, 29, told Travers. “But I will say that whatever the rumor is that I’ve signed on for seven is not true. That would be a very long time.”
Larson trained for 9 months for her "Captain Marvel" role
Larson wanted to ensure that she’d done everything possible to prepare for her debut as Captain Marvel. She spent more than half a year training for the role.
“I trained for nine months, which was my choice, no one said you have to,” said Larson. “I like a 9-month prep. That’s like my ideal. Because I feel like it gives you time to completely change. Like you can really change your mind and think in a different way after 9-months. It gives you time to find it and lose it again and find it. And that’s what happened with this. So I had about 6-months of cardio and strength training. And then three months before we started shooting I added in fight training as well.”


More information,please follow Liberex News  Enjoy!

Instagram:@Liberexlab
Pinterest:Liberex Official

评论

此博客中的热门博文

A Guide To Rudimentary Information For Everlasting Finger-Nails

How to Use Liberex Professional FC162 Water Flosser 600ml

6 Common Cosmetic Dental Procedures Explained